City Attorney's Office
The City Attorney is the legal counsel for the City Council, volunteer advisory groups, and City staff. The City Attorney:
- Advises City officials on all legal matters involving the City, including land use, personnel, contracts, real property transactions, elections and redevelopment.
- Represents the City in state and federal court.
- Oversees outside counsel handling other litigation.
- Oversees the Risk Management Division.
Risk Management Division
- Manages personal injury or property damage claims that are filed with the City Clerk.
- Manages workers' compensation claims for injured or sick employees.
- Manages Citywide Employee Health and Safety Program.
- Manages the City's insurance portfolio.
- Serves as the ADA/Section 504 Coordinator, responsible for coordinating the efforts of the City of Livermore to comply with Title II of the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) and investigating any concerns, complaints, or requests regarding access to City programs, services, and activities.
City Attorney Reports